In the 1930’s the property that Rampart Range Resort now occupies was a camp for girls.
Girls would come from far and wide to learn about life in Colorado’s mountains. The Hermans who owned the exclusive private camp would host the girls. The cowboy bunk house that still stands on our property is a quaint reminder of simpler times gone by. The main living area of the camp was spread to the east, south and west of Rampart Range Resort. Directly to our east, our neighbors, Red and Ruth, still have a patch of asphalt that once served as a basketball court. The home that they currently occupy was then used as a dining hall, complete with a wishing well outside.
The camp encompassed a great deal of what would become our rural neighborhood. A high mountain meadow with foothills and mountains in all directions, this was the perfect spot for the well healed of the time to send adventurous young ladies to enjoy a summer vacation filled with comradery and tales of the old west.